We want Miranda as bug free as you do, so help us help you. The most important thing to remember when reporting bugs is to provide complete and accurate information. Most of our time is spent asking for more information and fixing/updating information. If you can't take the time to read and adhere to these guidelines, please don't report.
- Our bug tracker is here: http://code.google.com/p/miranda/issues/list
Before reporting a bug
- Update to the latest release or development build.
- Disable ALL non-core plugins (the ones that didn't come with Miranda).
- Check that it really is a bug. If you need help, see our support options.
- Search the issues for an existing bug report. The grid provides a nice overview.
- Select "Feature Request" template above the summary field if:
- - you hope to see a new feature in future releases.
- - you propose an improvement to something that works (graphics, text, layout...).
Effective bug reporting
Using the following tips will greatly increase the chances of your issue being noticed and fixed quickly
- Have a well-written bug 'summary' field. (This is the most important thing. You can not edit it later.)
- Describe the issue clearly, with simple language, in English (Bullet points are good).
- Provide step-by-step instructions so we can reproduce the issue (We can't fix what we can't reproduce).
- Have screenshots attached so we can "see" the issue.
- Don't include information that is emotional or irrelevant (Leave your ego at the door).
- Attach a file with a Version information report.
- - It's desirable to disable bb-code formatting before attaching / posting Version information
- Attach a file with a crash report if you are experiencing crashes.
- Attach a file with a network log captured if you are experiencing connectivity issues.
- Attach a file with a Dr Watson log if you are experiencing crashes and the Crash Dumper plugin is not able to catch it:
- - To enable Dr Watson, Start Menu->Run-> "drwtsn32 -i".
- - Dr Watson crash logs can be found in c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\.
After reporting an issue
- Monitor the issues you report, and provide feedback and additional information if requested.
- Post a note confirming when your issue has been resolved.
- Don't argue about whether something is a bug or not.
- You can easily access the bug tracker using menu item: Main Menu->Help->Report Bug.