Crash report is a text file generated by the Crash Dumper plugin when Miranda or one of the plugins crashes. The report contains information on your system, Miranda installation and the files involved with the crash. Typically you will be asked to provide this information if you report a crash.
Providing the report
- Download and Install the Crash Dumper plugin (ANSI, Unicode, x64).
- When you experience a crash, navigate to <profile directory>\CrashLog. Main Menu->Version Information->Open crash report directory will open it if reports exist.
- Open crashYYYYMMDDHHMMSS.txt, where the letters correspond to the time of crash.
- Copy the file contents to the clipboard.
- Open your web browser and go to pastie.org or pastebin.com.
- Paste the contents of the clipboard into the text area and submit it.
- Provide the URL to your information.
You may also be asked to provide a minidump of the crash. It's in the same folder and named identically with the text file, but the extension is .mdmp. The steps are fairly similar: