From Miranda IM - Wiki
Creating a network log
- Navigate to Main Menu->Options->Network
- Click the Logging button, which will open the Netlib Log Options dialog
- Tick the File checkbox and enter a path where the network log should be stored
Note: At this point, network data that is produced is being logged to file
Reproducing the issue
- Try to reproduce the issue or symptoms you have been having while logging is enabled.
- When you have reproduced the issue, return to the NetLib Log Options dialog and untick the File checkbox to stop logging.
- If the log was requested on the forums or in the bug tracker, you can upload it ("as is" or in zip archive) using the attachment systems.
- If the file too big or the log was requested elsewhere, follow through the rest of these instructions.
- Open the log file with an editor and copy its entire contents.
- Open your internet browser and go to pastie.org or pastebin.com.
- Paste the contents of the clipboard into the text area and submit it.
- Copy the URL that is displayed back to you and paste it into the the IRC channel or forum post.
- Don't modify the network log, it's important for our developers to analyse a complete log
- For MSN, start logging before sign-in until the the problem occurs
- Passwords are not written to the network log.